Caracal Models CD72128 -USAF C-135 Recon Variants
The KC-135 Stratotanker was not only a tanker - in its reconnaissance variants, it has been serving as an important intelligence asset during the Cold War and beyond. This Caracal set provides markings for nine RC-135/WC-135 variants from various periods.
Note that the various reconnaissance configurations of the C-135 had numerous differences and modifications, and in most cases the AMT/ERTL kits will need to be heavily modified to use these decals. Basic information on engine and antenna configurations will be provided to the extent possible.
Limited release of 250 sets only.
Please note that this decal sheet does not include national insignia or maintenance stencilling. You can source these markings from our 1/72 scale KC-135 General Markings Set (CD72070) or the kit decals.
This sheet is intended to be used with the AMT/ERTL kits.
The options on this decal sheet are:
- OC-135B 61-2670 Open Skies reconnaissance jet
- WC-135B 61-2665
- WC-135C 62-3582
- RC-135U 64-14849 (TF33 engines) - with Soviet "excellent aircraft" badge nose art
- RC-135U 64-14849 (F108 engines) - with sharkmouth/li>
- RC-135W 62-4134 Rivet Joint
- RC-135V 64-14845 Rivet Joint
- RC-135V 64-14841 Rivet Joint
- RC-135S 61-2664 Cobra Ball (aircraft lost in 1981 - profile not shown
SOLD OUT! We sold out our entire print run of this very popular sheet. Please check our resellers (such as Sprue Brothers in the US, and Hannants in the UK) to check if they have any in stock.